Alternate gene names: none
Associated syndromes or conditions: none known
Genomic location: 2q24.2
Diagnoses observed in people with changes in the TBR1 gene:
- Autism Spectrum Disorder – Yes
- Intellectual Disability or Developmental Delay – Yes
- Epilepsy or Seizures – Yes
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder – No
- Schizophrenia – No
- Bipolar Disorder – No
TBR1: Simons VIP Connect Community- Simons VIP Connect Facebook Group for TBR1 Families
- In addition to the opportunity to participate in research with Simons VIP, you may be interested in other opportunities.
Research Article Summaries:
As we learn more from children who have these gene changes, we expect this list of resources and information to grow.
- Children witn changes in the TBR1 gene have a variety of differences. Some children have features of autism, some with intellectual disability, and others with developmental delay.
You can also visit SFARI's website to see information for researchers about this gene. SFARIgene: TBR1.
Back to: Genetic Changes We're Studying